2. Add all the dry ingredients i.e. sugar, spice and dried fruit. Stir well.
3. Add golden syrup and eggs.
4. Add enough milk to form a dropping consistency
5. Stir well to combine all ingredients
6. Grease a deep round 8 inch tin
7. Place half o0f the mixture in the tin
8. Roll out one third of the marzipan and put it on top of the mixture in the tin
9. Add the rest of the mixture on top.
10. Smooth down the surface of the mixture
11. Bake in the centre of the oven for 1-1 1/4 hours or until a thin metal skewer inserted in the centre of the cake comes out without a trace of stickiness.
12. Let the cake cool for about 10 minutes.
13. Turn out onto a wire rack to allow to cool thoroughly.
14. Roll out another third of the marzipan.
15. Mix the icing sugar with a little cold water to form a paste. Pour some on the cake.
16. Place the rolled marzipan on top.
17. You might want to make a pattern round the edge with a fork or fancy cutter.
18. With the last of the marzipan, make 11 equal sized balls. Dip each ball into the icing sugar mixture.
19. Arrange the 11 balls round the edge of the cake.